Currently, in math, we are studying whole number multiplication and division. We will focus on multiplication during the first few weeks of this extended unit and then finish with the topic of division.
- Students will need to be able to solve problems using multiplication and division that involve large numbers.
- Students will need to be able to calculate area of rectangles and shapes made from combined rectangles.
- Students will need to be able to find the volume of rectangular prisms.
- Students will need to be able to estimate the answers to multiplication and division problems.
- Students will use order of operations to solve expressions
- Students will need to be able to divide large numbers by 1 and 2 digit divisors.
Workbook Printable Pages
Extra Practice Worksheets
Multiplication Fact Practice
Instructions: Print the drill sheets below. Pick a sheet with the level of problems you wish to work on (x2, x3, x9...). Sit with your child while he works on the drill sheets and follow this procedure:
Have your student write the answers to all the problems in the first row. Give the correct answer when mistakes are made. Then, cover the completed first row with a sheet of paper so your child can't see the answers and have your child work through the second row. Cover the 2nd row when done and continue to third row. Continue in this manner until your child can complete an entire sheet without any help in a reasonable amount of time (less than 5 seconds per problem).
You can challenge your child with time limits or you can challenge them to see how many they can answer correctly consecutively without any help. Good luck!
Division Fact Practice Drills
Silver Springs has purchased IXL accounts for all students. IXL is an online learning program. Students can review previously learned concepts or can try lessons covering advanced topics.